June 11, 2008

Ooops I did it again

First, I want you to think the whole time you are reading this, "Well I am not surprised!" So, this morning was just like every other morning. I woke up, birds chirping, dogs farting, and breath a kickin. I left my house around 7:30, of course after seeing if Zach Morris would confess to stealing the driver's ed car on this morning's seat clinching episode of Saved by the Bell. Loaded the two holligans in the backseat (Radly & Kramer) and headed to work. For those of you who do not know, every morning I drop our dogs off at our friend Luke Madsen's backyard to play with their girlfriends, Shadow and Kari.

After taking the babies I headed to work, I am teaching summer school, when all of the sudden a saw something that made my heart melt. A black lab mix walking across an apartment complex parking lot. It was at this moment I had to make a decision, keep going and avoid a fight with my husband, or pick up the poor little baby and find his precious heart a home. I think we all know what I did.

I turned into the parking lot and tried to coerce him into my car, but that did not work. So I followed him slowly as he continued to cross two streets and almost get hit by two cars. Finally, he turned down the street that my school is off of. I had stopped at Starbucks earlier that morning to pick up a delicious peppermint mocha and cinnamon swirl coffee cake, on a side note the diet is going great:). So when I stopped I lured the dog over with my coffee cake. He put his paws up on my window and ate all of the cake right out of my hand. After he was finished, he got down walked around the front of my car and proceeded to jump in my car through my passenger window. By the time I turned around to tell him to get out, he was laying down in the back seat as snug as a bug in a rug. So clearly, I almost started crying- Like I said, tell yourself, you are not surprised.

So I called my co-worker Beverly Helm, whom also has a soft heart for animals and asked her what I should do. Her immediate response was I hate you, becuase she knew I had pulled her into the situation of finding cutie pa tootie a home. So, she called her friend who works at Four Paws ( a dog grooming/daycare facility). So, I turned around from my school's parking lot and took the baby to Four Paws. He willingly let me put a leash on him and just jumped right out of the backseat, tail wagging the whole time.

Today is probably one of the busiest days I have planned for a long time, but plans have changed- I have a home to find! I will post pictures later. Now that you have heard it all, are you surprised- I didn't think so! So I will leave you with the words of my mom when I told her the news, "Oh no you didn't!" Love you momma!

5 comments:

The Muncies said...

you and bev, the animal freaks. you know, dogs are mammals, created to live outside. that's why they have that fur and tough feet! :)

The Dyer Family said...

you did the right thing, jenny! someone is missing that baby - keep me posted!

TLC said...

I would have rolled right by the dog enjoying my coffee cake, but that is why there at people like Bev and Jenny in the world :-)

John and Brooke said...

The world needs more people like you :) I love that heart! And by the way, I was definitely watching that same saved by the bell episode this morning :) Miss you!

Kosek Landing said...

Every morning, I WANT to watch Saved By the Bell, but Kate wants to watch Mickey Mouse Club House...and she always wins. I don't even let myself stop on SBTB, because the riveting story line would pull me in so fast, I would have to ignore my precious daughter's needs and that's just not motherly. How are things with Cinnamon Swirl (aka- the dog)?