Today is Bill and I's 1 year anniversary. I still cannot believe how fast this year has gone by. We have rennovated a house, moved in, I got the best job in the world (teaching 6th grade), I became the Director of Coaching for Auburn Thunder, Bill completed his first year of grad school, we went skiing, we went to Vegas, we started making plans for World Cup 2010, we watched our precious niece turn 1, I found homes for two homeless babies, Bill started seeing his first set of mock patients, we started attending a new church, we continue to love our baby boys, we have gone through two time periods of not shaving Bill's beard, and we continued to fall more in love with one another every day.
I just gave Bill his anniversary present, and in sticking to tradition of the first year of marriage- I got him paper. On that paper were two barcodes for concert tickets. Those concert tickets will admit us to see Rascal Flatts on August 1st in ATL. I told Bill I was going to get him paper and it cost around $100, and he thought I spent all of that money on stationary. He saw no possible way that getting paper could be exciting- after a year he is still doubting me! Well I proved him wrong, he absolutely loved his present! I cannot wait to go and jam out to some Flatts.
Now, Bill did not stick to tradition, which surprises me, becuase he is usually really big about that stuff. But when the end result is a diamond, he can break all of the traditions he wants. For our anniversary Bill put a new stone in my grandma Shirly's engagement ring and gave it to me. I got my grandma Shirley's ring about a month ago when I went to MO, but she had taken the diamond out and put it on a new setting. The band she gave me is absolutely beautiful, and the setting is amazing. I LOVE MY PRESENT.
This year has been the best year of my life thus far and I know each day is just going to get better and better. Stay tuned for more exciting news! Love you all!
January 15, 2020
6 years ago
5 comments:
stay tuned?? you haven't posted in half a month! good thing I have google reader! :) jk, happy anniversary!
happy anniversary!!!! it has indeed been a year to remember. and, as you know, that is all i have to say. :):)
Oh this is all so special!!! Congrats on your first anniversary. I'm so happy for you guys. Also, Jenny very creative in the gift department. You are creative enough to teach elementary school? Sure you aren't interested in a little switch-a-rooh?
Happy Anniversary!! I need a picture of that ring...pretty awesome!!
will you hurry up and blog your news, so that I can blog about it on my page...I don't want to steal your thunder, but I will if you make me!
Post a Comment