August 3, 2008

Flatlanta

Well, as some of you know for our 1 year anniversary I got Bill and I tickets to a Rascal Flatts concert. We went this past Friday and it was SOO much fun. I have not been to a concert since my senior year of high school when I went to see Dave Matthews.

Since Bill and I do not get a chance to get out of Auburn much, without having to leave for soccer, we decided to make an evening of it. There is this restaurant in Atlanta called, Fogo De Chao. It is a churrascaria, which comes from the word "churrasco" which means, the Gaucho way of roasting meats over pits of open fire for delicious barbecues, always present at every festive occasion, especially family gatherings. Bill went to a restaurant like this when he was on a mission trip in Brazil and has been in love with them ever since. It is a very cool dining experiencec, I reccommend it for anyone who has not been to one. Well, after stuffing our faces with 12 different types of meat and three plates of mashed potatos (this is like my favorite food as of lately, I have always loved them, but my obsession has been taken to a new level since the pregnancy, we decided to get some dessert. Our waiter asked us what we were celebrating and we told them it was our one year anniversary, so they brought us this...



It was very cool and very nice of them to add this special treat to our night. After, finishing up and sitting in 1 hour of stop and go traffic to get into the concert we arrived to hear the musical stylings of Taylor Swift. She was great, you know Bill and I are not the biggest country fans, but man we loved us some country music on Friday night. Rascal Flatts were awesome! They almost sound better live than on CD. We were sitting in the very back of the amphitheater and we loved our seats, we could see it all. We sang, we danced, and we made fun of the people in front of us. It was a great night. My batteries died in my camera, so I did not get any pictures inside, but this one is from the restaurant.

3 comments:

The Muncies said...

fun! we love fogo! what a great time! happy 1 year! see you soon!

The Dyer Family said...

anniversary flan??? that is freakin awesome - i really want some right now! YUMMMMMMMMY!
no wonder you were vegging yesterday - you were exhausted from friday night.

Kosek Landing said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time at RF concert. The tourney went well, the guys finished 2nd. It was SO HOT!!! During the semis the guys on the side line were talking about how they wished Bill was there, then it was brough to everyone's attention that he was at a RF concert. Then, a few of the guys broke out with "God Bless the Broken Road" in honor of Bill's absence. It was pretty funny.