It is very strange that Bill and I can now say, this time last year.... and Ryan was in our lives. She is just growing up so much and it is hard to believe that just a year ago she was a, in my eyes, breakable piece of baby- not human yet, just a baby. I remember being so careful with every move I made to her and every time I picked her up from her crib or laid her down to change her diaper. If she coughed I would run towards her and say with ultimate panic in my voice, "is she choking?"

My how things have changed. This little
thang is like a pin ball. Walks along hitting everything in her path, hits something hard (usually with her head), falls down, screams once (the noise the pinball machines makes when you get a bonus), then is back at it. She does not like taking a bottle sitting down, that sucker goes everywhere with her. We were told by our daycare to try to get her off of the bottle over spring break, because they want to move her up to the toddler room. Yeah, you heard me right...the toddler room. But, everyone in that class is walking and on a
sippy cup. So, she has a couple of milestones to hit in the next week:)

She has taken about 6 steps total, but is by no means walking. Bill and I have decided it is the same trend with her and crawling, she is just not that interested. She knows she can get to things quicker by crawling, so why walk? She will walk from Bill to me when she gets really excited, but other than that she just drops to her knees and crawls. Everyone has told me not to rush the whole walking thing, because once they do, you cannot go back. Honestly, I am fine where she is. I can leave her in a room and know that she can't go far if I have the stairs blocked off. We will see what happens in the next week.
3 comments:
She is walking! That is so great! I'm eager for Jack to start walking. All that gunk on his hands as he crawls around, yuck! Ready for the gunk to be on the bottom of tennis shoes.
Have fun at the beach this week!
So cute the way you described Ryan, like a pinball. Too funny! If she's walking a little, she'll be walking a lot in no time!! I know you must be having so much fun a the beach. Love you!
WALKING!!! Ryan has hit the BIGTIME!!!! I know you guys are having so much fun with her...if only I could pinch her little cheekies!!!!! Sweet Baby...hope the beach treated you good.
Post a Comment