October 22, 2010

Too much

I mean seriously, it's really been a month since I blogged? I am so sorry, what a slacker! Things have been keeping busy as always around the Ferguson household. Bill and I were getting a little stir crazy so we decided to redecorate one of our bathrooms and our two downstairs guest rooms. You would think that we would get on the ball with getting our new baby's room together since she will be here in 15 weeks, but clearly we were thinking otherwise.
Yes, that's right, I did say we are having a girl. All along Bill and I said we would not find out and let this one be a surprise, but hey what can we say, we are very weak. But rest easy my friends, there was no drama this time when finding out the sex of this little butterbean. I will try to find the post from last baby, but it is a day that I would rather not revisit. It took us a couple of weeks to come up with a name for the new one, but we finally decided on Darby Ann Ferguson. Wow, that is the first time I have typed out the whole name and I think I like it. Bill came up with Darby and I had to let it marinate for a day or two, but now I love it. We both came up with Ann because a lot of our family members have that name in theirs. Yes, only 14 short weeks until baby #2 is here and we could not be more excited. This pregnancy has FLOWN by with everything going on and Ryan there is just no time to stop and think, "Hey my ankles are so fat I am officially in the kankles category." Okay, maybe I thought about that once or twice. But we are ready to welcome another baby into the house, and Ryan is as well.
The Koseks and my parents came to visit last weekend for the Arkansas game and my sister brought her new baby, Joseph -it was the test for Ryan. We were pretty excited to see how she would act around a newborn, and she was perfect. She gave him tons of kisses and kept saying, "Babbbbyyyy." She was very curious when he was feeding, but not all up in Kim's grill. She was a perfect little lady (big sigh). We just hope the transition is the same when the little baby is there to stay! I just hope Ryan doesn't get out the chompers and go to town, that is her latest retaliation.
She went through a biting stage when she was about 10 months old, well it is back. She does not bite Bill and me, but almost every day there is a nice staple in the upper corner of her daily report card at daycare and we know that the biting report is stapled to the back. I always get so excited when I see a nice, flat piece of paper with nothing stapled to the back- but that hasn't been the case for the past couple of days. Finally, Bill asked the teachers to record what was prompting the biting and we are anxiously awaiting the results. You know Bill, he is always the practical one. Me, I just say, well what kid is making her mad:) Ha! I really need to get over that. I mean look at her, what harm can she really do, besides attack the heck out of a booger!
Have a great weekend!



1 comment:

Kosek Landing said...

We had a great time in Auburn...Kevin continues to refer to Auburn as "we"...what a trader!

Can't wait to hear about Memphis...I'm so jealous that you are on a baby-moon (sort of.)