2. Aunt Jen & Aunt Erin meet Darby
My girlfriends Jen and Erin are so amazing about supporting our family and the kids. Ryan is in love with them. Jen still has the energy to sit on the ground and watch Ryan pull out 300 coins and put every single one in her piggy bank! I mean who wouldn't love her! Jen is also on a mission to teach Ryan how to play guitar. Erin does a fabulous job of keeping our children clothed and entertained with all of her amazing gifts. Erin says that my family is her own birth control..hey I do what I can:) Jen stopped by on her way to Fl to fly out for her European excursion, and Erin met Darbs at Ryan's birthday party. Love you Aunt Jen & Aunt Erin, ya'll are the best !
3. The family takes a trip to the cabin
I had my first tournament with my soccer girls since Darby was born in Birmingham. Side note, they did amazing, I was so proud. Anyways, this was the perfect opportunity to venture over to Hollywood, Al to visit Bill's family. His grandparents were in town and they have not met Darby, so off we go. We had a great time taking trips in the row boat, fishing, and going on four wheeler rides.
Ryan loved all of her kisses from Gramma and Pappy. Gramma could literally entertain Darby for two hours. She would just sit there and talk to her and Darby would smile, spit up, and coo and caa back. It was adorable.
Ryan embracing her inner country girl
Ryan had the best time hiding behind this couch and jumping out to scare Pap.
Mommy and Ryan about to venture out on the paddle boat
Ryan loved "fishy" Unfortunate for this fish it was dinner that night. We just told Ryan it was chicken nuggets...didn't want to freak her out.
Last Wednesday marked the day of 6 weeks post op from having Darby. So, on this day Bill and I started our diets and I went for my first run in 10 months. It was amazing. I even went to Birmingham the day before to get some running shoes that I was "customely" sized for.
This was taken like a week before the wedding. Goal body...Kim will you look how young and not tired we look!
Skip to one day later. Walking hurts, sitting hurts, breathing hurts...yes I pulled my SI muscle in my back and it is literally the most painful thing that has ever happened to me (side note, I have two children and have had two knee surgeries). It really has put a HUGE speedbump in my motivation, but I am not going to let it kill this. I am seeing a chiropractor and he said I should be back to normal in two weeks with his treatments. I can do ellipitical, but it honestly hurts to breath- so I am going to take a rest for at least the weekend.
5. Backyard Rennovations
About two months ago, Bill said- "I just want to get rid of all of these trees and freaking grow some grass in this backyard. Put up a dog pin and make this backyard a place we love to hang out." Skip to present day, 4 trees removed, dog pin done, rock pathway done, backyard leveled- the oasis is in full swing...
Before...
The most amazing man EVER. He worked so hard for three days straight from sun up to sun down to get the backyard looking good. He removed 4 tree stumps all by himself...this was the machine he used- what a nightmare!
And now, the presently finished product... There is still so much more we want to do, but this is the pre grass stage. We could not be happier with the result!!! Bill you are amazing!
The finished dog pin. No more will their hole digging ruin our backyard, sorry boys- you are officially contained.
The Adams let us have their old dog house, it was just the right size for Ry as well. She literally stayed in there for about an hour.
I love the new walkway and the rock garden on the side of the house. The area used to be pure mud because it never got sunlight, it looks awesome now.
The entire yard. I know it looks a little blan, but this is just the stage before we add grass.
6. The girls
Darby and I are still having such a great time hanging out with each other during the day. I really do not want this time to end. I love watching her change everyday. Honestly, this is probably the last baby I will have around me, so I am trying to soak in every minute. Ryan is continuing to be more than sweet with her. Not that there has not been numerous time outs due to poking Darby in the eye or hitting her in the head with her doll, but overall Ryan loves being around her sister.
Look how big my little girl is getting, oh it breaks my heart! She is still so innocent and does not say, "Move mommy, no mommy, not now mommy!" Ahh, good times.
6 comments:
Omg...the yard looks amazing!! So funny seeing the green couches in the dog pin! Bill worked his a$$ off...way to go bill!
Darby's smile!!! It melts my heart! Ryan being a little mama and knowing her colors...what a big girl!
Hope ur back is feeling better, 128, 128, 128!!! U can do it!
Oops...that was not keV...it's me! Duh...'I've been blogging for 4 years and keV has never once commented.
Such cute pictures!! I'm showing Charlie the pictures of the backyard. We have no idea where to start with ours. I need Charlie to get inspired by Bill. How do yall do it?!
love it - all of the updates are so fun. i was just thinking today about how much longer you get at home. it flies by so quickly.
jacks was really into naked water play about this age. one time i wasn't looking at him for a few minutes, and i'm fairly certain that he pooped in the yard. good times....
I love that I saw that backyard a week ago and now it looks totally different. Bill is ridiculous :) Love the post and that Erin and I made the cut :) Love ya'll
Didn't you say Ryan used to bite kids at daycare. I bet that's why her dollhouse cat is going in timeout for biting the baby. Ryan actually learned something about timeout for biting! Good job parents!
Post a Comment