So what does everyone else in my house do at 2 am...sleep. What does this girl do, read twitter and facebook statuses for an hour before deciding, I should update the ol' blog. I am making no promises, probably the next time I'm on here will be wishing everyone a Happy Halloween; but that doesn't mean I cannot give you a quick run down of our lives now.
Our summer has been great. Three beach trips - a broken camera went to all three trips so very little documentation will be done during this time in our children's lives. Three successful soccer camps. Many trips to Jackson visiting cousins. My ten year high school reunion, and we are still not done yet.
Being the amazing wife I am:) I surprised Bill with a trip to Philadelphia for his birthday to watch Real Madrid play. Bill has never been to a professional soccer game, and for those of you who know him at all are probably thinking this is insane. So, I thought it was high time I got his butt to a professional game. I am really looking forward to just having a weekend with the two of us. To say the girls have been a lot to handle this summer would be quite an understatement.
I was able to release some of the guilt I have possessed at times of not staying home with my kids. I now know, that is just simply not the life for me. The girls were babysat tonight by one of our dear friends. No, Bill and I were not eating oysters by candlelit dinner. We were busy entertaining 250 of our closests soccer buddies at our final soccer camp of the summer. At one point in the night one of the little girls I was coaching got a bloody nose and decided to swing her bloody hand all over the place. It was not until I was picking up our homemade pizza (from Papa Johns) that I realized I had blood all over my legs. Anyways, back on topic. When I asked our babysitter how the girls were she just gave me this look and said, "They were okay." Oh, hell, I know what that means, they were whiny, whirling dervishes of annoyance. She tried to back up on her word and say, no they were great. It was too late, I saw the fear in her eyes. She had just watched a 3 1/2 year old and a 18 month old for four hours and was never coming back in this house again. I fed her and her husband some more pizza, paid a great amount for her to buy her sanity back and looked at Bill and said, "What are we doing wrong?"
You know Bill, his answer had tons of psychological reasonings and terms that I blocked out and continued to eat my three pieces of cheesy bread (diet is going great by the way). In the end, he said we were doing fine. But honestly, I think my parenting is just a bit exhausted and I am kind of ready to get back to work, out of the house, and get the kids back to school. I think I am a better mother that way. I am not getting on to my girls all the time, I can just enjoy the time I do get to spend with them. Oh, and Ryan keeps skipping the letter L in the alphabet, so she needs to get back to her edumacation!
All in all, this summer has been amazing, but I am ready to wipe the sweat off of my brow, put my bathing suit cover back on, and get back in the world of adults- oh and 600 hormonal 7th graders.
I am finalizing my new room tomorrow, thanks to the help of my amazing soccer team. Warning, do not walk in my room if you are scared of zebra print- it is literally everywhere you turn!!!
I am leaving you with this amazing pic of my two angles. They may be a handful, but I would take that hand over any other one in the world!
January 15, 2020
6 years ago

4 comments:
those sweet angels :-)
Glad y'all have had a fun summer, but we sure have missed seeing sweet Darby at school!
I've sure missed taking her. She'll be back there Monday.
sweet catch up! I need to do one as well!
Post a Comment