After getting home from my 5 hour lunch at the Adam's house. I decided it was time to clena our house for the holidays (there is nothing worse than coming home to a dirty house.) After I finished cleaning, I still needed to do something. So, I went into Ryan's room and cleaned out her closet. It was not THAT bad, but there were around 30 shirts, 5 outfits, and 20 pairs of socks in there that we have recieved as gifts for her. Well, the other day I bought my first jug of baby detergent to wash her sheets in and I wanted to continue to washing extravaganza. I washed all of her clothes, actually dividing them into colors and whites (which I never do with Bill's clothes). I also washed all of her towels, washcloths, and blankets she has gotten so far too. I waited until both loads were done to begin folding the laundry, which was the most fun I have ever had folding clothes. I kept holding up each piece of clothing, beginning with the newborn pieces. I kept thinking I cannot believe an actual person is going to fit in this. Then as I went through all of the months of clothes that she has I was overwhelmed with how fast she is going to grow. The 9 month onesies didn't even look like they would belong on the same child that would wear the 0-3 month onesies.
Everyone likes to say how motherhood is tiring, exhausting, and tough and I know there will be hard times. However, I just started crying folding her clothes thinking, I cannot believe she is going to grow this fast. As I laid her clothes in her drawers I was seriously smiling from ear to ear. I wish someone could have seen the embarassing look on my face. I cannot wait for that precious girl to get here!
January 15, 2020
6 years ago
1 comment:
I've also cried while doing laundry, but not for the same reason.
Post a Comment