April 19, 2009

Couple of Updates

I had a hard time coming up with a title for this posting because so much is happening in Ryan's little, changing world. First, she is smiling!! They are the most precious smiles in the world. I am not talking about the poop smile, I saw that one day two of her life. I am talking about a genuine smile. My most memorable one was when Bill was tickling her this morning and she started kicking her feet and smiling, it was hilarious. I will say it is tough to capture a smile on camera, but I tried.

Secondly, both Bill and I have been caught napping with Ryan this weekend. Mine was during her early morning nap, which most people still call nighttime sleep! Bill's is still in progress. This is what I found when I got out of the shower(his assignment was to feed her, his results - sleep). I mean look at this picture and try to tell me she is not his daughter. They look like twins here!
Now she does not look like me in our napping picture, but it is still equally cute.

Third, we had some more visitors come over last night and see precious Ryan. Bill's lab buddies Sarah and Andy came over and ohh and ahhed over her all night. Andy ended up getting her to sleep around 11- oh I was already passed out asleep in my bed by this point! I am such a good host!




Lastly, we have a new visitor in our house. A precious purebred dachshund doggy. I went outside this morning to put something in the trash can and this baby was in our driveway. I guess the dogs come to me now instead of me driving around and picking them up:)

So if anyone knows of someone who wants an adorable dog. He really is so well behaved. He has just been outside all day, he has eaten two bowls of food because he is very very skinny. However, he follows me around everytime I go outside, he knows how to sit and stay. He gets along great with our dogs. I would take him to the Human Society but I am going to make flyers and post them around my neighborhood first. I cannot fathom this precious baby being put to sleep and I fear that he might if I take him there. He just needs a good home with people willing to feed feed feed him. I really cannot stress how adorable he is- so anyways let me know if you are interested.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of ya'll sleeping!! so sweet. For the background, go to cutestblogsontheblock.....there is an icon in the top let hand corner of my page you can go straight there. Click on free backgrounds, and copy and paste the HTML in your setup. There are tons of cute ones to choose from! Let me know if you need help...jennysollie@gmail.com

The Dix Family said...

Her first smile... how exciting. The sleeping pictures are so sweet. Ryan does look so much like Bill! I hope you find a home for that cute dog. Maybe you'll find his owner after you post signs.

The South Family said...

She is so pretty! Those smiles just melt your heart. Enjoy your trip to MS this weekend. Your Mom sounds very excited about it!