April 13, 2009

A Weekend of Firsts


I will have to admit, I was really excited to get back to my laptop and blog about our extremely fun weekend. The title to this post has many folds to it, so I will begin with our FIRST success of the weekend. RYAN SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!! On Thursday and Friday night Ryan slept from 11-7, it was absolutely amazing. Of course I woke up at 2:30 freaking out wondering if Bill had fed her or if she was breathing, but low and behold there she was as happy as she could be! Last week was the first week I really had her on a schedule and I guess it worked. Well this was a short lived victory because we went home to Huntsville, which leads to our second FIRST- Ryan's first road trip. As many of you with children know, when you travel and go home schedules are out the window. As soon as she gets to sleep, someone new wants to hold her, as soon as she wants to lay down and play, someone wants to sing her to sleep. I am very guilty of this too with my niece, but this was definitely how it went with Ryan this weekend. So Saturday night she woke up once around 4- she still slept for 4 and a half hours, but she wasn't quite on schedule. We will work on getting back on track this week!



Saturday was great! Ryan got to meet a lot of new family members and she got to see all of her grandparents. She was an angel the whole day too. Pa (my dad) watched her Saturday morning while Bill and I went on our FIRST run since she was born. We ran a little over 2 miles, very exciting to get back out there again.





Next, Ryan was dedicated at Trinity Baptist Church on Easter Sunday- her FIRST dedication. This was Bill's church growing up and the same church where we were married. It was so special and it meant so much to us to see our little girl dedicate herself to a Christian life. She was perfect the whole church service as well. Bill held her the whole time and she just starred at him so intently until she finally fell asleep. There was a ton of music at the Easter service and Ryan absolutely loved it! Ryan's outfit was pretty amazing too. She wore the same christning gown that my dad wore 55 years ago. All of his sisters have worn it, my sister and I have worn it, and my niece and little cousins have all worn it as well. The gown is still gorgeous and white and it means so much to me that Ryan was able to wear it for her special day!







Lastly, Ryan had her FIRST Easter. She looked so precious in her Easter dress that Jo Jo made her. She was loved on by all of her family at my parent's house for Easter dinner and was just a doll to everyone. Most importantly, she did not have any blow outs while we were there. She has had some pretty impressive diapers lately, but she saved them all for mommy and daddy when we got back to Auburn.





All in all, our first roadtrip was a huge success. We got home around 11:30 last night and Bill let his girls sleep the whole way home while he drove through the rain! I hope everyone's Easter weekend was amazing as ours!

2 comments:

Kosek Landing said...

So fun, I really hate that we missed her dedication. I know how special that is!

I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks. Kevin is so excited to have a weekend with no studying, or call...plus Bill will be here and that just makes him so happy!

I can't believe how much Ryan has grown. She is back to looking like Bill to me.

The South Family said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! She is so precious and growing so fast. I love seeing the pictures of you and her together. Ryan is very lucky to have you as a Mommy!