August 2, 2009

Vanilla

Friday night Bill and I had the absolute joy of traveling with our amazing friends, the Adams family, to Columbus, Ga for some good eatin!! Let me explain, Jill's brother, Mark, travels to Columbus quite often with a group of friends to indulge in this fabulous hole in the wall restaurant, Hunter's Pub. Well, this Friday Jill invited us to tag along, and tag we did. We left around 6 and got there right after 7. Let's just say this is the kind of place where you do not wait in the lounge for your table- you tailgate in the parking lot until you are seated. It only took about 15 minutes to get all 20 of us in, and man was it worth the wait. I had the night's special, Cajun grilled Halibut on a bed of seaweed salad with their famous mashed potatoes and fried mushrooms on the side. It was DELICIOUS!! And if the main course was not enough we each ended our meal with a piece of homemade peanut butter pie, I had to take mine home because I was so stuffed. It was a great time had by all, but I will have to say my favorite part of the trip was the ride there and back in the VANILLA.

Okay, so the Adams family has this amazingly huge conversion van that they take road trips in. This massive white transport has been named the Vanilla- it even says it on their license plate! Now I do not have a picture of the exact van, but here is something to get a picture in your mind.

So anyways, this van is equipped with these awesome compartments all over the place, for example: First Aid, trash, VCR, and my personal favorite Nintendo Accessories. The vanilla also has amazing runway lights and an back bench that converts into a bed- by remote. If you ask Jill & Jason, it is the only way to travel. I think I love the vanilla so much because it brings back childhood memories of our own Conversion van- the green monster. Anyways, when Bill and I stepped into the vanilla Jill had grapes, carrots and dip, cheese and crackers, and bugles for our appetizers. Now she is always labeled the best cook/host- but hor dourves on wheels- Awesome! The trip down was all about eating and anticipating more eating once we got to Hunters, but the ride back was DANCE PARTY!! I think I will let the pictures explain!


First thing's first. Cover your sleeping child with the blanket you brought from home. Oh wait we are forgetful parents and did not bring a blanket so we had to make do with Jill's wallet, Ryan's emergency blowout outfit, and her diaper case (hey she slept the whole way home)!


Our dance party was so intense that we even involved the driver! Nice timing Jason


Jill and I had to collect the lost clothing in the van, which surprinsingly ended up on Jill's head. But for anyone who knows Bill knows that he is not a man who enjoys wearing his shirt. For those of you who have ever met Bill knows that he has a great tendency to sweat. Those two things together result in a shirtless Bill!!!

Jason got us home safe and sound and this picture just had to be captured...

Bill & Jill - the coolest cats on the block!

No comments: