April 26, 2010

A Dream Come True

Soccer. Soccer. Soccer. Soccer. It has been the most consistent activity in my life since I was a kid. I have played for 21 years. Can you believe that. I started when I was 5 and I am still playing. Soccer is how I went to college, how I met my husband, and how I have such a great 2nd job now. It was not surprise the man I would marry would be obsessed with this as well. It is no bigger surprise that all of our children will play the game of soccer and love it! (WE WILL MAKE THEM LOVE IT) HA! All of my students keep asking, "Is Ryan Lily going to play soccer." In my mind I am thinking of course, this child has not choice. Her mother and her father played soccer at Auburn. Her Aunt Kim played soccer at Bama. Her Uncle Kevin played soccer at UAB. Her Pa coached soccer all of his life. Her Grammay drove her momma to endless soccer games and matches. Her Jo Jo & Pap had to support her soccer addicted father. I mean she is literally trapped.

I always worried how she would be with soccer, you know after hearing about my niece's Kate soccer season (GOOO TIGERS!!! Sorry Kim). But, this video left her dad and I very reassured she is in the right family.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

That girl is talented! She handles a soccer ball better than I do, but like you said, what can you expect with you two as her parents! Love the video. :)

Kosek Landing said...

Oh Jenny, I only hope that you do not experience the same test of patients that I experienced for the first 3 months of Kate's soccer career; although, I have to tell you I have a very similar cute video of Kate dribbling at one-year old...but don't tell Bill. I don't think I could stand to pop the excitment that I could hear in his voice watching his little girl.

ps- Kate and I watched that video 5 times. Kate would say, "I want to see Aunt Jenny again." Eventually I told her that was enough of Aunt Jenny and she said, "Well, one more time, she's my best."

Britanny said...

I do not know why...but I just teared up watching Ryan walk kick that soccer ball to you. Precious baby girl!

Kathy--- said...

how precious. She's a little doll!