May 7, 2010

Big Man

Radly 2, Kramer 1 at my apartment in college

Sorry it has been so long since I posted. Things have been nothing short of crazy around our house. This is always the busiest time of year for me. School year coming to an end and soccer season for the next year is gearing up- full force. I've had meetings or practice every day after work this week, which gets me home around 7. I am starting to run again because poor Kramer needs some exercise since his buddy is out of commission. So I wrap that up around 7:45, then it is 30 quality minutes with Ryan before she heads to bed. A quick dinner and the couch is all I see after she goes to sleep.
Bill has been amazing this week around the house (which is not surprise). Picking up, doing laundry, cooking dinner, taking care of Radly (which is a full time job) and bathing Ryan and getting her ready for bed every night.
This week has been really tough on both of us for Radly is continuing to get worse. He is down to 61 pounds, which means he has lost 39 pounds in a month. He has not eaten anything in over 3 weeks. He tries and wants to drink water, but every time he does he just throws up. He is starting to move extremely slow and to top it all off he has contracted a fungal infection in his nose. My baby is falling apart and it is heart wrenching to watch. We now have him on an IV at home, because he has to get his fluids somehow. I have come to peace with the fact we will have to put him to sleep, but I will not do it just because he is puking a bit. He still snuggles and gets up to go outside and wants to go for a ride; but his health is just leaving him.
I know we do all we can for our pets and I know I have loved that dog more than the average pet owner loves an animal, but he is only 5 years old. It breaks my heart to know I am going to have to "kill" him at such a young age because I might not have taken proper care of him. Ughh, so very tough. He is traveling this weekend with IV bags and a full sack of medication, we will see how this goes.

2 comments:

Kathy--- said...

Aunt Kathy loves you honey..

Kathy--- said...

Jenny, I can't help but think that I took this picture when we came to visit you. This is the pose that you did to your babies everytime I came into your room to use the restroom, they would growl and you would have to do a stance like that to hold them off of me. My bladder was full when I left your place the next morning. hehe- As Aunt Vicky would say-GIVE ME STRENGTH! :)