February 6, 2011

Oh What a Night!

The family transition from 3 to 4 has been amazing. Darby is such an amazing baby and we are having a blast with her. I will admit, I was very nervous how things were gonna go after the first night. Right as Bill and I were drifting off to dreamland, both Ryan and Darby woke up crying.

Darby - hunger
Ryan- nightmare
Well, of course I go to the 6 lb baby who needs two very specific parts of me to calm down and Bill goes to Ryan. Darbs was no problem, fed her, burped her, and she was already back asleep. Ryan on the other hand was very upset by something. Bill finally got her back down and then hopped in the shower. While he was in there both girls started stirring again, Darby just needed a little pat, but Ryan woke up full force again. She has kinda been going through this stage lately where I think she is having night terrors. I feel so sorry for her when I get to her because she honestly just wants to see one of us. Anyways, I got her calmed down and she sprawled out over my lap and fell back asleep. So all four Fergusons were soundly asleep around 12:30, then 12:41 comes around and Darby is ready to eat...I honestly just wanted to cry

I thought is this how it is going to be for the next year of my life?
Can I work like this?
Will I ever get my 8 hours again?
Luckily my amazing family was here this weekend and they took the girls Saturday afternoon. My dad took Ryan to the library and my mom and Gigi entertained (watched her sleep) Darby Ann. This allowed Bill and I to take a nice 2 hour nap. We both woke up with that feeling like we had no idea where we were or what time it was. I love naps like that!
So, here we are, night two at home. I had to stay up until at least 11:30 so I could take my pain meds. As soon as I got those bad boys down, I fed Darby and off we went to be around 12:00. We both hit that bed HARD! Only to be awakened at 12:41 by a crying baby. I just thought, not again, all this child does during the day is sleep- I mean that's it. But honestly, waking up with her is so so so so easy. She is sweet, a quick eater, and a grade a burper. I had her back down by 1:00 and I did not hear another peep out of that amazing little girl until 6:15. Now, when 6:15 rolled around I heard both girls almost in unison, but hey at least there was a 5 hour, non-interrupted sleep gap in there.
Thanks ladies, I really appreciate it!

4 comments:

TLC said...

OMG...so precious!! Darby is just beautiful...I want to sniff one good time...then hand her back quickly :-)...so sweet...I will pray for Ryan to have sweet sweet dreams. It will work itself out soon, if I made it through with Tre and Erin (14 months apart)you will do fantastic especially with a super husband/dad.

Britanny said...

Darby is finally here! We are so excited for you guys. She is absolutely beautiful! So glad you are doing great! HEY....a five hour stretch on NITE TWO from being home! Sister, you hit bank! :) Keep posting those sweet pictures! Love looking at them. Especially, since babies change so much daily.

Getting very nervous about the dynamic of two myself. I am going to try to learn from your experiences:) Love to all!

Melanie said...

Oh, that makes me so tired just hearing about it. Pete and I always talk about the hardest part of having a new baby is being so stinkin' tired all the time. Glad you finally got a couple of hours. :)

Anonymous said...

she is soooo precious!!! so happy for ya'll congrats!