January 7, 2009

Class Time

Bill and I had our first child birth class this Monday and it was great! We were both dreading the class our whole way there; however, I decided that this class was absolutely necessary when Bill asked me if contractions hurt. On the way there, it was cold and rainy outside, we had just got back in town from the holidays, we still had not unpacked from our vacation- let's just say we both wanted to stay home. To start off, we were 10 minutes late and had to walk in right in front of everyone- embarrassing!
As the class progressed, we were extremely glad we were there. Yes, some of the information was a little ridiculous, but some of it was great and very useful. My personal favorite part was how our cervix was compared to a cheerio then the opening of a mayo jar, I think I teared up a little bit. Also, what childbirth class would be complete without watching the birthing video. No matter how gross and painful it all looked, I was still in tears at the end.
We have two classes left and we just can't help but think our little girl is going to be here in no time!!

3 comments:

John and Brooke said...

At our classes, they compared a woman's pre-dilated cervix to a powdered donut. I used to love those things. Now I can't even look at them in the store! :)

Kristy Jones said...

Oh, Lord. If Steven finds out you have to watch the birthing video, I'll never get him to go!

Kosek Landing said...

That is great! Yeah, the birthing video was shocking. The main thing it convinced me was bring on the drugs!