January 24, 2009

Dance Dance

Last night was the annual 6th grade sock hop at Drake Middle School. I just cannot express how much I love middle school dances, especially 6th grade. Now, 7th grade tends to get a little more risque, but 6th grade dances are just so innocent and awkward that I could watch them all day long. Usually, you will find me on stage dancing like a mad fool and embarassing myself in front of all the kids; however, this year I had to take somewhat of a backseat since I am 34 weeks pregnant.

See, that is the problem, I am not really a backseat kind of girl. I mean when Soulja Boy comes on over the loud speaker, it is going to take divine intervention for me to sit that dance out. So of course I got up and did the dance on stage with my kids, well then Lean Back came on, then the Electric Slide, then Ice Ice Baby. I mean I just did not want to sit down. Even though everyone told me I would end up at EAMC later to deliver little Ryan, she was having the time of her little fetus life too. She was moving around all night long. She loved the music, well either loved it or was tossing and turning because she hated it so much:) But, let's face it that girl is never going to be a wall flower at a dance!

Bottom line, if you have never been to a middle school dance, I highly recc. checking one out. I mean it is the best social experiment possible. Here is a kodak moment with all of the dancing mommas.

3 comments:

Kosek Landing said...

I can totally see this happening. I'll never forget a few of my fav. dance outfits. Turquoise duck heads, turquoise socks, and Mom's fish shirt; that is only second to my shoulder padded green velvet Christmas dress, complimented by the french braid and lace bow.

We have our V-day dance coming up in a week, we have already started deocrating the school, it's crazy!

The Dyer Family said...

i'm glad you enjoy the dance, because i manage to tolerate it. i had more fun last night than i ever have before, though. maybe it had something to do with the company i get to keep at school. :)

Kosek Landing said...

I will call you Tuesday with an update on our unexpected trip to Auburn. You post made me crack-up. Sorry for keeping you totally in the dark on all of our plans that revolve around you guys :)