October 2, 2009

Skipping Stages

The past week Bill and I have really tried to get Ryan into the crawling stage of her life. Everyone says we are crazy and to just leave her be and she will crawl when she wants. They also say we are crazy because why would we want to rush her mobility, well we just want to. I don't think it matters anyways, because I am pretty sure this child is going to skip crawling and go straight to walking. She HATES being on her stomach. I think she would rather eat green beans all day long (which she also detests). Since she hates her stomach so much, it is very tough to encourage her to crawl.
Well, I really don't think we have anything to worry about. Ryan has become obsessed with Bill and his dad holding her in one of their hands with her legs locked straight. When we need to sit her down somewhere she just arches that back and locks those legs in her refusal to sit- she always wants to stand. Well, this really limits our time to set her down to get things done. So, we are just pushing her to the next stage now- standing. Everytime she wants to stand we just let her pull herself up on our arms and put her against something so she can stand. Her favorite is the couch, but today we tried the stroller. I think she just wants to show off her butt, I mean look at that thiing...BAM!!!

1 comment:

The Dix Family said...

I think you may be right. She'll probably move right on to cruising. You hear about kids who do that. I love the picture. Ryan's eyes are so blue! Can't wait to finally meet her next month!! Love You!