I got home from work around 4:00 and found about 16-18 piles of throw up all over our back porch. Of course, I knew it was Rad man, so I tried to give him some water (his was gone). As soon as he drank some, he threw it up. I tried to give him some spoon fed food, he didn't want it. This was pretty much how our whole Friday night went and Radly kept looking worse and worse. Around 1:00, I just cuddled up with him on the floor and started crying, sobbing really. I honestly thought that was it, he was dying and I was going to wake up the next morning and my little man would be dead. Well, neither Bill nor I could deal with this, so we made the decision to take him to the Auburn University Vet Clinic. We knew going down this road would definitely be more pricey, but we also knew neither one of us could sit aside and just let him die.
We took him in around 2:00 AM on Saturday morning. They said he was fatally dehydrated, so we made the right choice bringing him in. After a series of tests, the found out he has pancreaitis, a consolidated right lung, and pneumonia. The biggest threat here was the lung, because he is unable to breath on his own. They immediately put him on an IV (it has now been 6 days since he's eaten anything) and on Oxygen. We left the office around 3:30 feeling a bit better that he was in good hands, but also a little woozy knowing what the bill would be.
I went to pick him up at 1:00 the next day and immediately transported him to our vet's hospital. Our vet is so amazing, his name is Glenn and we can just totally tell that he genuially cares about Radly and wants him to get better. So he continues to be on oxygen and an IV. I know this sounds bad, but it is really his treatment. In order to cure this pneumonia, he has to go through intensive treatment of oxygen and iv fluids. This is the only way to get all of that junk out of his lungs.
We were told he can pull out of this, but it does require intensive treatment. I just want him home. Kramer is starting to just lay around and get pretty sluggish. I really think it is affecting him not seeing Radly in three days. We had some friends in town this weekend and one of them had never met Kramer. She said, I thought he was the crazy, hyper one- well maybe he is just replenishing his craziness and will be back to normal once Radly is home.
I am going by the clinic today after work to check on my baby and to get an ETA of when he might be able to come home. I will keep you all posted.
3 comments:
He's in good hands and on the path to recovery. So glad you guys decided on the middle of the night visit, because it sounds like that opened the door to these new diagnoses and ulitmately his recovery.
Honey did they happen to say what brought on all of this?!?! Kerry and I would've done the same thing.
Poor Radley! I'll say a special prayer for the boy!
Post a Comment