
It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's Aunt Kim. Yes, this woman is literally superwoman. The
Koseks ventured over to Auburn last weekend, and unluckily at the time, their car broke down on the way. Lucky for me, the part they had to order took three days to get here, so Kim and the kids had to stay until Monday to wait for their car to be fixed. Kim and I have been trying to come up with a time where we can spend the week together since I am off of work for a while, but nothing was working out. Well, the car fixed our problem by breaking down. Kim and the kids stayed in Auburn until Thursday. I will admit, there were some stressful times with 5 kids in the house, but we had SUCH AN AWESOME TIME! I love seeing all of the cousins together just loving on each other and getting to know one another better.

Now, keep in mind I was still in recovery at this time. But, no need to fear, Kim was here! Every morning Kim woke up with 4 kids (excluding
Darbs, her and I were still sleeping), made them breakfast, and entertained them until I got up. She knew I was having trouble adjusting to waking up with a baby again, so she took over kid patrol. She took them on a nature walk one morning in the backyard, ventured out to Target with all of the kids for one whole afternoon so
Darbs and I could have some time together, took all of the kids to the library, entertained them outside while I was feeding. I mean doing all of this while she has a 4 month old to take care of herself.

Kim was so patient, so laid back, and really just showed me yet again why she is my role model. I have always looked up to my sister, but this past week really opened my eyes to a whole other side of her. The way she is with kids is seriously an art. Honestly, how many moms do you see in public with 4 kids acting cool, calm, and collected. She took a 4 year old, 2 2 year
olds, and a 4 month old on multiple outings.
Every time when she got home, I nervously asked her how it went, she just smiled and said, "Oh great, the kids were awesome and we all had a great time!"...AMAZING!
Oh, also, I mean how did she get Ryan to just lay down and take a nap? How did it happen? I have to read her like 75 books, rock her to sleep, tip toe to her bed, put her down ever so gently, then basically slither out of the room so I do not make the floor squeak. Kim just went up there, told her it was time to go night night and BOOM, she was out. AMAZING!
All of the kids are running around the house with their chocolate milk cups, spilling it everywhere, making small puddles all over the kitchen, and then rubbing it into the carpet. One small command from Kimmer, "Kids, you need to keep your drinks on the table!" Done, no more chocolate milk stains! AMAZING!
Is there anything this woman cannot do. I am truly amazed at her composure everyday. We had the best time together and the best part is, the kids did too! Thanks so much Kimmy, I love you so much and you continue to blow my mind with all you can handle!
3 comments:
Jenny, Kim really is amazing with children. So glad she was there to help you guys out! I feel the same way you do! How does she keep it all together? I only have one kiddo and I am FOUR times as frazzled as she is and feel like she has done more before seven in the morning than I do in a day's work! You are amazing, too though! EVERYTIME I see you with children you are so much fun and they have the best time with you! You Kosek gals have this kiddo thing down pat! So glad the week went great! Can't wait to meet Darby!
kim is amazing!!! i'm so glad y'all got such a nice, long visit together. i'll catch them the next time. this week was nuts burgers. i'm ready for our spring break cruise. sure you don't wanna try to come???? ;)
Now that there are tears dripping on my keyboard, I'll try to get it together enough to type a response to your super sweet blog...
First, let me just say that YOU are a great mother! I'm just so proud of the way you manage to do a million things, keep a clean house, and Ryan always manages to have a pony tail (with no bumps)...Kate's pony tail is the biggest struggle of our morning :)
Thank you for the kind words. I really had a blast with all those little ones, and we are really missing Ryan a lot around our house! Not a day goes by that Kate doesn't say, "I sure miss Ryan!" Such cute cousins.
(Britanny and Katie...thanks for the kind words, but lets be honest, I'm not the one making homemade crayons and painting furniture for a nursery.)
Post a Comment