March 28, 2008

The Babies



No, no, no I do not mean actual babies, just my precious dogs. Everyone always criticizes me for calling them my babies; however I do everything for these dogs, short of burping them, so I feel justified in my label for them. Anyways, some may look at this picture and think- staged. Well, I kid you not, this is exactly how our dogs sleep in this chair. Now Radly (the one on top) weighs 95 pounds and Kramer (the bottom one) weighs 65 pounds. Does Radly show remorse...not at all! He always thinks he is the top dog; therefore, he always feels like he should be the most accessible to Bill and I.

The most recent drama with our dogs is their craving to sleep in the bed with Bill and I. Now, Bill is very firm and puts his foot down, "The dogs belong in their OWN beds!" However, I fluff my hair and put on the pouty face and say, "PPLLLLEEEEAASSSE baby" He always caves. Well, last night the dogs woke us up six times to try to get on the bed. Bill is fed up! Now I am forbidden to allow them to get on the bed during any point in the day. I feel like this is a right I can forfeit since I do enjoy waking up not being covered in slobber and dog hair.
So, from now one the babies will find comfort in their own beds, while I will find comfort with my husband.

2 comments:

John and Brooke said...

Dear Radley and Kramer,
You guys look so cool! I wish I could come and play with you, but mom is afraid you will step on me and I will die. Have fun living the big dog life!
Love,
Bentley Vakakes

The Muncies said...

Did Brooke really write a comment from her dog? You dog people have lost your minds!