I know the title is a bit confusing, but trust me it all relates- just keep reading.
Since Bill has been very busy and stressed out, we hosted a party for all of his grad school friends Saturday. This party was entitled "Margarita Madness" (I hope we are all catching the play on words here). For those of you who know Bill, you know he does not halfway do anything. So my wonderful husband persisted to venture to Target to buy a $70 margarita maker for our Saturday soir
ee. Not even five minutes after getting this fine piece of machinery out of the box, it crushed its last bit of ice and broke. So we HAD to resort back to the old fashion way, a blender- which proved to work quite nicely. Anyways, we had an awesome day and a fine time was had by all. Horseshoes, hotdogs, and happy times- great day.
Now for the second part of my story. We invited everyone to bring their dogs over to our house on Saturday which resulted in about 6 dogs in our backyard all shapes and sizes. They were coming in and out of the house like they lived there for years. Now, you all know I love dogs, so I had the time of my life having these precious babies around. Anyways, Bill and I were a little nervous having our 100 pound neanderthals around some 10 pounds puppies- but we trusted everything would work out. We were right! Radly and Kramer did a fabulous job with all of the dogs and people. They were playing, begging, and humping (yes this is good bahavoir for them). We were very pleased parents.
So for a reward, I decided to take our babies to PETCO today, you know where the pets go:) Bill let me drive the Yukon today so I would have plenty of room for them. Well, normally I love taking them to PETCO. Everyone just stares in awe at them, I know they are thinking,"Man what beauttiful dogs!" Well, today I strutted in with my leash candy and we headed straight for the hamster cages (we always do this to scare the hamsters). Then of course to stare at the fish in their tanks and try to terrify them too. Then came embarassment central. I always walk the boys down the rawhide isle to let them pick out a bone. Well, today Radly had different plans. Instead of picking out a done, Radly proceeded to raise his leg and pee on an entire bin of pig's ears. I could not believe it! Of course I am in public so I cannot spank him and make me look like a mom who beats her children, so I just said no! Then we traveled down the toy isle, this is another tradition with our PETCO trips as well.
Well, there was a male pit bull that Kramer had a strong attraction to and decided to pull me around the corner of the toy isle and knock over a display of animal stain carpet remover- while barking the entire time. I was mortified!!!!! There was a employee right around the corner and he said he would take care of it. I knew it was time to go, so I got their treats and stood in the chekout line. I was the third person in line, so the wait was around 3 minutes. Well, along comes Kramer's pit bull friend again and Kramer proceeds to bark at him for the entire 3 minutes I was standing in line. Kramer did not shut up until we were literally walking out the door. Let's just say I will not be heading back to PETCO anytime soon. Now I know how mothers feel when their child will not stop crying in public- mortified!
Man, they have a hard life!!!!!
1 comment:
I wish you had the Petco adventure on video! We missed you tonight!
Post a Comment