June 21, 2009

A Father's Day Wish Come True

Bill, Ryan and I traveled to Birmingham this weekend for the Alabama Sports Festival soccer tournament. Bill's parents made the trip too and watched Ryan all weekend so Bill and I were both able to play on the team. . We actually ended up getting second place in the tournament, and made it home with two medals. I like to think of this is as my welcoming back from the world of pregnancy! We had such a great weekend and Bill was able to play soccer on father's day and then teach his little girl how to play as well. Enjoy these adorable pics.



Yes, yes, it is true; at the age of three and a half months our daughter has learned how to effectively kick a stuffed soccer ball. I mean this girl had her toe pointed and everything, we were so proud. I think those of you who really know Bill's obsession for soccer can only imagine how proud he was. He said it was a father's day wish come true.

In all seriousness, watching Bill with our little girl has truly been amazing. He is so gentle, caring, nuturing, and loving towards her. Sometimes when he is playing with her at night, I will catch him just starring at her and he will begin to tear up. I ask him what he is thinking about and he just replies, "I love this little girl!" Bill is a very passionate person in every aspect of his life. If he is going to engage in something, he puts his whole heart into it- God, work, school, marriage, construction, painting, and fatherhood. Bill has responded to fatherhood better than I could have ever imagined. Before Ryan came into our lives he had never changed a diaper or fed a child, and now this guy is a pro.

I really cannot say enough good things about Bill. He has always been there to take care of my every need as a father and husband. He is the ying to my yang, the peanut butter to my jelly. When I met Bill I was not at a happy place in my life. Being a student athlete had turned me into someone I was not proud of, or totally happy with. Then God put an amazing man in my life, who I fell in love with very quickly and everything was uphill from there. I love every minute of our amazing relationship. He continues to amaze me with his delicate balance in all of his responsibilties. At this point I just want to quote Salt & Peppa, "What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man- A mighty mighty good man." I love you baby! Happy Father's Day!!!!



4 comments:

TLC said...

The footprints are precious!!

John and Brooke said...

The last 2 pictures are adorable!! Definitely frame worthy :)

Kosek Landing said...

Awwww..what a sweet blog about Bill! I really can't imagine a better match for you, and of course, he is the most amazing father! You forgot to mention what a great brother-in-law he is, and how Kevin would be lost without having him around at family gatherings.

Ashley Eason Stamper said...

What a great post! Welcome back to soccer-I know it felt good being out there again! Since I met him outside the dorm when you tore your ACL, Bill has been a great man. He has always been a great person with a caring and giving heart! So are you by the way! Salt n Peppa brought me back ha ha! Love you!