March 21, 2009

All Gone!!

As I laid Ryan down to change her diaper yesterday morning I was greeted with a black blob stuck to the right of her belly button. Yes, it has finally happened, her umbillical cord remains fell out. I was so thrilled to not have to worry about cleaning it anymore, and now she can be totally submerged in water for bath time!


As soon as it fell out I thought of the Sex and the City episode where Brady's belly button falls off and Miranda's cat picks it up with her mouth and begins to bat it around the dinning room floor. I had a little giggle to myself and then threw it away so this scene would not be recreated with our dogs! I will say that her belly button is absolutely precious and I am so glad I do not have to fold diapers anymore!

On another note, we have had more family in town this weekend. Bill's grandparents came in from Johnson City to meet Ryan. Gramma and Pappy just love every inch of her and Ryan got along great with everyone! She fell asleep in Gramma's arms last night, which was precious.







We also had another visitor yesterday, Brooke and Will. Will is two months old and he is precious. I could not get over how big he is. I mean he is not a huge child, he only weighs 12 lbs, but he just looked so big next to Ryan. I will say I cannot wait until Ryan gets a little bigger so she is more durable. It was nice to hold Will and not have to worry about his head snapping down everytime you moved your shoulder. Enjoy the pics!


Ryan & Will


Radly not knowing his boundaries!

1 comment:

The Dyer Family said...

my umbilical cord stump story isn't as gross as that episode of sex and the city, but it was a little disturbing. it fell on to the carpet, got lost for a little while, only to be found again later in the laundry. it was upsetting to say the least, and i had visions of finding the cat playing with it (because of that same show!!).