From the moment Ryan was born we told ourselves that we would not hold her to get her to sleep. We would just lay her down and she would magically fall asleep. Well, that has not been the case at all. Truthfully, she probably could self sooth and go to sleep, but mommy wants to hold her all the time. Ryan just loves laying against my chest and this is THE way she goes to sleep. We look like this before every nap and after every feeding to get her back to sleep. She just curls up into this little precious ball of baby and I hold her until my elbow feels like it is going to fall off, then I put her in her boppy. So already she is manipulating mom and dad to go things her way:) We are such suckers!
Last little update, yes we still have dogs. I know I have not mentioned them much lately, but let's face it they have taken a serious backseat to a certain princess in our house. I will admit, they have adjusted beautifully to Ryan and are very protective of her. They wake up with me during night feedings and sit at my feet, they follow me in her room EVERY TIME I change her diaper, and they lick the back of her head whenever they get the chance. Well, the other day I put Ryan in her crib so I could start some laundry and the dogs did not follow me, which is weird- they ALWAYS follow me! So I walked back into Ryan's room and this is what I found..
Yes, Kramer collected all of Ryan's dirty clothes from the night before and used them as a little pillow! Hilarious!
3 comments:
You do what ya gotta do. I was the worst with Jack. He fell asleep nursing and/or in my arms until after his first birthday. We here pretty worried as to what horrible habit I had created, but you know what? We get him in his PJ's...do the rounds of good nights to the girls and the other parent, and he reaches for the bed. He might cry for a bit, but it's brief. Some of that stuff you read is a lot of houey, I think. ;o) I let Porter cry forever...broke my heart. Jack rarely cried b/c I would run to him. He goes to sleep just fine. Weird.
Jenny, I love the pictures of you and her! Your huge smile is priceless. Being a mother looks great on you:o)
Ryan looks so big in the burping pictures. I really think she looks like both you and Bill. I think more Bill, but I really do see you in her. I loved the blog. Kate was sitting with me and said, "It's Kwamer and Wadwey in baby Ryan's room." Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment