My most recent stimulation activities have been putting her under her mobile and watching her dancing bears, she smiles a lot during this activity- and ends up alseep. Or, putting her on her changing table mat and letting her kick kick kick while I shake toys over her head and sing my number one hit, "Ryan is a Superstar!"- this eventually puts her to sleep as well. Or putting her in her boppy underneathe her activity mat. She really enjoys watching the changing colors and lights. Her two favorite creatures on the mat are the two butterfilies, don't worry I explained to her that they were in love like mommy and daddy- that is why they are so close together.
Although all of these activities are great, I have been eyeing her swing in the corner, but have not had the guts to try it out yet. Well, I was foolish to wait for so long. I think the pictures do a fabulous job of explaining just how much she loves her swing...
Just getting in the swing, checking everything out.
Knows she likes it, trying to fight the Zs
And two minutes later, this was the result. I think the swing could be a lifesaver!
Of course, she cannot just sit there alone. At least one of the dogs has to protect her! Radly was getting so close the swing kept hitting him in the head everytime it swung. I had to tell him to back up before he gets hurt.
1 comment:
Love that the dogs are Ryan's guards. Trust me, that swing is a lifesaver. Although after about 5 weeks, Will was over it. Our new lifesaver is the bouncer with the vibrating chair. We would not sell that thing if someone offered us $500! It is gold, especially around 5:30 or so-it is the only way John and I can eat dinner together.
And the whole time I was on maternity leave I felt the same way-like I should be teaching Will something. I read to him a lot. He could have cared less but I at least felt better :)
Post a Comment