I got through day 2, but not with good report. Well I mean I did okay. I ate my scheduled breakfast, lunch, and snack, but then dinner came along. We had people over last night to watch the national game. Bill grilled out steaks and chicken, which was great- at least I got my protein, but the rest of the meal was not the best diet food in the world. I tried to at least get smaller portion sizes, but still I know that is not the way to do this diet. If I want to change, I have to change everything. But that's not the worst part.
See yesterday Bill took it upon himself to build a fire pit on our back patio. It is gorgeous and I am glad he did it, he has been wanting one for a very long time now. He looks at them every time we go to Lowes or Home Depot, but nothing has struck his fancy. So in Bill's mind that means, I must build one! Anyways, Bill got home from picking Ryan up and said, "I got something fun for the girls (Lucy & Scarlet Adams) to do tonight, make smores!" I am thinking oh heck! Are you kidding me, there are going to be smores right here in this house and I am supposed to resist them, NO WAY. No way is right, I had two. They were my downfall. I even knew when I was eating them that I shouldn't have been, but I could not help myself. I mean when is the last time I had a good ol' smore! No excuses, it is wrong, and for doing it I am adding 15 minutes to my run today- I am going to pay for that tomorrow morning. Here is a summary of what I ate yesterday.
Breakfast
WW English Muffin, 1 piece of ww cheese, 2 tomato slices, & diet coke
Lunch
Turkey sandwich
baked Doritos (which are actually less fat and less calories than baked lays, who would have thought)!
ww chocolate cake
Banana
Snack
1 wedge of laughing cow light cheese
6 triscuits
Dinner- Wow I am so mad at myself just typing all of this!
1 Sara lee roll
Caesar salad (just a little bit, no measurement)
homemade mac & cheese
green beans (that were awesome, I made those:)
1 chicken breast
small piece of spinach quiche
1 diet coke
2 smores
Exercise
35 minutes on the elliptical
150 abs
That dinner is a perfect example of my old eating habits. I just ate whatever I wanted and how much I wanted. Self -control Jenny, self- control!!!!!
Side note: I am also challenging myself to drink 4 glasses of water a day. These are not normal size glasses, it is this colassal cup I got from one of my students for Christmas. It is probably about 36 ozs.
All right, so today is a new day! I did not fall off the wagon, I just stopped to taste the berries on the side of the road. Well, I need to spit those berries out and stick to my healthy food. I will report more tonight or tomorrow!
January 15, 2020
6 years ago
3 comments:
Jenny, I'm so proud of you for admitting that. We are not perfect, yesterday is gone, today's a new day, I fell off of it too, in fact, I've got a new blog starting, Kim is going to help me get it started, and I'm going to keep a journal also, even with my workouts. I need accountability, and this sounds like a good way. Keep up the good work. Also, I would love to see a picture of the new fire pit. Kerry may want to try that. He wants one so bad. And your patio is perfect for one.
Jenny, you look great, but i understand the diet thing....i have started one with the new year too! But seriously, you look great!
Besides the smores, not too bad! You can do it!
Post a Comment